Monday nights are Ladies Bible Study night at our house. The study starts with dessert at 7:00, which is about Amara's bedtime. I let her welcome everyone in first, so that she knows what's going on downstairs while she's trying to sleep. I tell her "Mommy's friends are coming over to read the Bible book."
Last night, Amara was watching "Wonder Pets" when they arrived. With each one's arrival, Amara went running to the door, grabbed their hands, drug them to the couch, and sat next to them, all the while babbling, "I watching Unner Pets! Come see!" It was hysterical!
At about 7:15, I went to changer her diaper, which to her signaled bed was next. While she was right, Jon was going to do it, not me. While we were in the bedroom changing her diapers, she kept saying to me, "Mom, go see your friends!"
She thought if I'd go see my friends, she could stay up a little bit longer. Nice try on the stalling technique. What she doesn't yet know: I was the master staller. She's going to have to try harder than that!
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment