Saturday, May 19, 2007

Crashing the Tea Party

One of Amara's favorite things to do is to have tea parties. She had a nice little tea party set up on the picnic table this morning. She gave me endless cups of coffee and enjoyed them herself.

Dominic's version of the same tea party: Grab each piece of dinner ware from the table and, one by one, throw them each under the table.

Needless to say, that didn't make Amara very happy!

I convinced her that we could still enjoy our tea party with the cup and plate we had. She was OK with that until he started trying to take my plate and cup. She kept saying, "No! That her cup/plate!" But he kept taking it. She tried to take it back from him, but he had too strong of a grip. Instead she said, "That's OK, I get you a new pwate."

Finally she decided to let Dominic join him... her style. She fed him! I think he was hungry for real though -- he wasn't happy that the spoons were empty!

All in all, a good tea party.

No comments: