"Hucky Tucky!"
That may not mean anything at all to most of you. To Amara, it's how she pops bubbles. It's more like "Huh Tucky" coming from her mouth, as she chops at the bubbles floating through the air.
The history of Hucky Tucky: when Greg and I were little, one of our friends claimed to be a karate expert. She proved her prowess by striking a pose and calling out, "Hucky Tucky... Ha!" Needless to say, we didn't buy it, and instead laughed.
Ever since, we used "Hucky Tucky.... Ha!" as a running joke in our family. Jon thought it would be funny to teach Amara. What was even funnier is that I didn't know he had taught it to her. I was blowing bubbles in the car for her and she was yelling out, "Huh Tucky! Huh Tucky!" I thought I was hearing things until Jon confirmed her new little language.
"Hucky Tucky" lives on in another generation...
Friday, May 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment