Saturday, May 19, 2007

Deja vu?

Jon and I decided to put pavers down as a border around our landscaping today. Amara wanted to help. We let her carry one brick at a time to its given spot. She really loved helping...for a while.

After a few bricks, she got tired. She wanted to shovel instead. As Jon poured sand, Amara shoveled it back out. We asked her to not shovel sand, to shovel dirt instead. So she moved to shoveling dirt -- we looked up in time to stop her from digging up all the flowers! Whew!

Of course, she got tired of that, too. She realized that my position for laying pavers was perfect for horsey back riding...so she climbed on.

This is the deja vu.

Three years ago, seven months pregnant with her, I was in the backyard of our old house laying pavers for a stone patio. That was an excrutiatingly long day and made me dread this paver project today.

Today I did probably a quarter of the border with Amara on my back riding horse. What a workout!

I have to say today's version was MUCH easier than that of three years ago! I am thankful, however, that her bedtime came and I could lighten my load.

No comments: