Saturday, May 5, 2007

Something to Make Me Feel Better

Amara was playing with a clothing (i.e. soft) tape measure today. She was having fun pushing the retract button. Anyone who has used a tape measure with the retract button knows how quickly the tape snaps back in. You can see what's coming, can't you?

I kept trying to warn Amara not to pull it out too far, but each time she pulled it farther and farther. Rather than fighting, I decided to let her learn the lesson. Sure enough, eventually it snapped her in the chin. It wasn't hard enough to hurt, but she had enough of the "toy" after that.

I asked if she was OK.

She said, "I need something make me feel better."

I asked what she needed.

"Cookie monster make me feel better."

Sly little one. What a way to ask for a cookie!

No comments: