Friday, July 27, 2007

What Do You Say?

When I picked up Amara today, the first thing she said to me was, "I want ham!"

OK, that was random. Knowing we were out of ham at home, I decided to stop by the grocery store to meet her request. Time for grilled ham and cheese sandwiches -- sounds good to me.

We got to the grocery, got smoked ham from the deli, some fresh bread, some cereal... We were making our way through the store and a bag of 250 colorful straws caught Amara's eye. She decided that was a "must have" for the night. I figured a bag of straws wouldn't be a bad thing to have at home, so I prompted, "How do you ask?"

"Please!?" she promptly responded.

I grabbed the bag and gave it to her. Trying to get a "thank you" from her, I asked, "What do you say?"

Her response: "Hooray!"

No comments: