Sunday, July 8, 2007

It's Too Hot!

Back to the pinata candy...

Amara's choices for candy were the cinnamon discs and the butterscotch discs. Hard candy, or as I call them "sucky candy" because you have to suck on them (and they're not particularly my favorites). I think she was drawn to the shiny red and yellow wrappers -- they really did look pretty in her bag. Either that or that's all that was left since the other kids "knew better" and were going after the Blow Pops, Smarties, and Bubble Gum. Regardless, her bag was full of "sucky candy" -- candy which I wasn't sure she'd particularly care for.

She held up a piece of the red candy and told me she'd like to try it. I told her she could, but that I didn't know if she'd like it. I told her, "It might be too hot." Now typically, when I tell her something's too hot, I'm talking about meat, soup, waffles -- some sort of food. Spicy stuff being "hot" is something she doesn't quite yet grasp.

So you can probably guess what her response was when I told her the cinnamon disc might be to hot: "You have to blow on."

No comments: