Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Go Fetch, Mom!

Last night I took advanatage of the fact that I was actually ready before Bible Study and I took the kids outside to play for half an hour. I gave Amara the toy golf clubs, but Dominic had to sit in the stroller since the grass makes his legs all rashy. I gave him the volleyball to play catch with instead.

For a while, he'd throw the ball back and forth to me -- he loved that. However, then he discovered that if he threw it in the opposite direction from me, I'd have to chase it. He found that power completely hilarious and belly laughed every time. Of course, that egged me on, so I gave him a crazy reaction with each mis-throw -- to his delight. He laughed even harder. That, in turn, made Amara laugh, and soon we were all in hysterics.

If you haven't heard it in a while, I'm reminding you now: the laughter of children, and especially babies, is one of the sweetest sounds in the world.

No comments: