
Amara and I have had a good week while Jon and Dominic are gone, but this morning, it was made clear that we all do better when we're together as a family.
When Amara woke up, I brought her down to watch "Little Einsteins" in bed with me. She was in a good mood, not crying or anything, when she said, "Mommy, I want my Daddy." She said it very matter-of-factly. I told her, "I know, baby, I do, too."
Then she looked up at me and said, "You want your Dommick, too." I again assured her that she's absolutely right.
Then she said, "Baby Eh-phant wants his Mommy and Dommick, too," after which she addressed the elephant, "Sorry baby, you can't see them."
Five minutes passed. Amara looked up at me again and said, "Mommy, I want my Daddy and you want your Dommick." Then she went back to watching TV.
Three more days, kiddo.
When Amara woke up, I brought her down to watch "Little Einsteins" in bed with me. She was in a good mood, not crying or anything, when she said, "Mommy, I want my Daddy." She said it very matter-of-factly. I told her, "I know, baby, I do, too."
Then she looked up at me and said, "You want your Dommick, too." I again assured her that she's absolutely right.
Then she said, "Baby Eh-phant wants his Mommy and Dommick, too," after which she addressed the elephant, "Sorry baby, you can't see them."
Five minutes passed. Amara looked up at me again and said, "Mommy, I want my Daddy and you want your Dommick." Then she went back to watching TV.
Three more days, kiddo.
No comments:
Post a Comment