Monday, April 2, 2007

Trip to the Dentist

Amara had to go to the dentist this morning. I was a little apprehensive, because last time she screamed.

We arrived, and the first thing they let her do was to pick out a new toothbrush. She selected Elmo. She thought that was pretty cool and continually asked us to open it so she could brush her teeth. We told her the "nice lady" (aka the hygenist) had her own special toothbrush. Amara seemed OK with that.

Then she laid in the chair and we told her to "Say Ahh!" She did it! Little stinker won't do it for me, but had no problem doing it for the hygenist. She counted her teeth, used the scraper, and brushed them -- all without even a wimper or grimace from Miss Amara. I was very impressed!

When the hygenist was done, Amara sat up and drank a glass of water. Then she said to me, "What's next?!" She was ready for more -- I think she just liked the toothpaste.

No comments: