Monday, April 30, 2007

OK... I'm the Teacher

Monday nights are Bible Study. Tonight was the first night of having it at our house so that Jon can play softball with the Church League. Amara was in heaven with all the company.

Prior to the women coming over, I was reading the last bit of our book, "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World." I had my pen in hand and would occasionally underline things. Amara was sitting in my lap as I did this.

When the women arrived, she snagged my book and pen off the table (thankfully it's a pen she can't figure out how to turn on). She opened the book, held the pen up to it, and held both inches away from her nose. Then she wove in and out of the 8 of us, all the while saying, "OK... I'm the teacher." She'd continue to look over the book at us and occasionally say, "Say 'blank'" and insert a different word every time. Or "Say ABC's."

Of course the women loved her little show. And of course she loved the attention.

No comments: