Monday, April 30, 2007

Jaws

I debated including this in the blog, as it's not really an endearing or especially funny trait. But it is a daily occurance!

I've said in past posts that Dominic is aggressive, determined, etc... and he continues to be all that. But he has adopted a new habit: biting! YIKES!

Strangely, he only bites Amara. I did notice today that he also went after Nicole (who happens to be the same age as Amara). Jon thinks it's his way of exerting his "Alpha Male" status.

Anyway, Jon and I can hold his hands, get close to his mouth, etc. No biting. Amara will try to hold his hand -- instant gravitation of his mouth to her hand! As I said: YIKES! And it's every single time! She can't even get close to him and he'll try to bite her. And we're not talking a little nip -- we're talking a chomp!

Not quite sure what to do about it. We're saying "No" sternly, tapping his mouth, removing him, then hugging her. The stern "No" makes both of them cry and then we've got a puddle of tears from both of them.

It is kind of funny how his reaction is so consistent and instantaneous. Unbelievable actually, as we're not sure where he picked it up -- he's not around any "biters." But it's also completely unacceptable. We'll get it figured out!

*sigh*

No comments: