Today is election day. We took the kids with us to the polls, as we've done in years past. We think it's a good thing to teach the kids about the country, to have pride in it, that we have a voice, etc.
So I'm explaining to the kids on the way over: "We're going to vote for the next President of the country." I know I said a few other things, trying to say something that would "stick", but I don't remember now what I said.
We pull up to the church where we're voting (as an aside, I'm amused by the fact that we're voting in a church despite all the stink about separation of church and state). As we're getting out, Amara says, "Yay! Let's go fishing!"
I know she was disappointed when I told her we're VVVVVoting, not BBBBBoating. Despite that, she told her teacher an hour later, "We just went fishing!" Um.... OK....
So then, I asked Amara what are we voting for (remember, I had already told her "the President.") She said, "We're BOATing for presents for people who don't have any."
*sigh*
She'll get it eventually. I'm not worried. But I do hope that she maintains that benevolent spirit!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL That is just priceless.
Post a Comment