Wednesday, November 26, 2008

NOT a Morning Person

I think I've given my morning grouchies to Amara. I'm not a morning person at all. This morning I discovered just how much Amara shares that trait.

It was 7:15, and Amara wasn't awake yet. The rest of us were ready, so I went in to wake her up. I laid down next to her to rub her back and snuggle her awake. I'm not sure she was actually awake or not yet (I'm thinking not), but she suddenly shouted, "I haven't slept yet!"

I quietly assured her, "Yes, you had a nice long night sleep. You slept really well!"

That set her off, for some reason. She said, "NO! I didn't have a long sleep. I had a SHORT sleep. I'm not DONE sleeping!"

I think I woke her up from a pretty sound sleep, and she was somewhat disoriented. But boy, she was GROUCHY this morning! When we got to day care, we shared the story with her teacher (because she accused Dominic of being grouchy). By that time, she was awake, and she was giggling up a storm at how crazy she had acted!