Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rocka Rocka

This morning we were driving to Day Care. Amara was singing and rhyming in the back. The kids were playing together and giggling. I wasn't paying much attention to exactly what was being said.

However, then I heard her rhythmically saying, "Rocka Rocka... Are you Rocka, Rocka."

She said that a few times, then it mutated to, "Rocka Bomma.... Are you Rocka Bomma."

I think she was saying "Barack Obama" in the way that she had heard it. Granted, she didn't hear THAT at our house! :) Not only did we seldom speak of President-elect Obama, but we also reserved any political discussions for when the kids were in bed. My guess is that the staff at the Day Care were talking political -- as we all do from time to time at work. And being that it is an unusual name and the conversations likely weren't directed towards her or the other kids, she just picked up on the rhythm of it all. All things considered (i.e. my political leanings AWAY from "Rocka Bomma") it was pretty cute.

2 comments:

Heather the Mama Duk said...

How funny! I guess he really does have a fun name to say lol

Anonymous said...

Isaac took a fascination with his name also after seeing the ads on TV. I guess his name is fun for little kids...to bad his politics aren't fun also. Haha. :)