I knew that one day Dominic's love for doors would get him in trouble. Such was the case this morning.
He and I were in the bathroom. He was trying to keep me from getting out -- I needed to get to the closet to get my clothes. I snuck around him and he slammed the door behind me.
When Jon came through to go into the bathroom, he couldn't open the door. Not only had Dominic SHUT the door, he had also LOCKED the door. Now he can do this easily, and does it all the time when we're in the room with him. But panic set in when he was in the room alone.
Jon went to the garage for a pin to pop the spring and open the door. No such luck. This wasn't the "builder's grade" type of knob that is constructed in such a way. This is an old, sturdy, well-mechanized knob. We had to take the door knob off. Even once we got it off, we had to go get more tools in order to actually unlock it.
As Jon went back to the garage for another screwdriver, I peeked in a Dominic to talk to him a little bit. There was this cute little diapered boy, sitting in the corner, a look of sheer sadness and slight fear on his face. He wasn't crying, but his face sure said that he wanted to. I started joking with him, "I can see you!" And he came over to the door. Now that he could see me, he was willing to try unlocking the door again. Unfortunately, with the knob disassembled, his twisting was doing no good.
Jon returned and was able to get it opened and put back together. Poor kiddo. We definitely gave him a lesson on how to lock and unlock doors!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, boy! Poor little guy!
Post a Comment