Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thumbs Up

The kids and I are at my parents house this weekend. I'm dropping them off so that Jon and I can have a weekend away NEXT weekend. My aunt, Barb, came to play with them as well. This is actually her story, but it needs to be documented. I've got a few "funnies" caught on video as well. Hopefully while I'm away, Mom and Barb will help by writing down the other "funnies."

So this morning, Amara woke up, but couldn't find me. I was sleeping in the "cave" (a.k.a. the basement which has no windows, so you could sleep for days and never know it). Since she couldn't find me but heard that someone was in the bathroom, she laid herself down in the middle of the hallway with her head upside-down down the top step. When Barb came out of the bathroom, she nearly stepped on Amara.

B: Good Morning! Are you sleepy?
A: (shakes head)
B: Do you want to go downstairs?
A: (shakes head)
B: Should we go eat breakfast?
A: (vigorously nods head)
B: Do you want a piggy-back ride?
A: (vigorously nods head again)

So they get downstairs... now what to eat. Oatmeal wins out. But Grandpa makes the best oatmeal, so they must wait. It's determined that hiding would be the best way to wait for Grandpa. Of course the kitchen table doesn't provide much cover. So Amara gathers up her blanket and scurries to a nearby chair.

She pulls the blanket around her, clamors behind the chair. Barb says, "Are you set?"

Amara gives no verbal response. Instead she peeks out, frees a hand, and signals "Thumbs up!"

No comments: