Tonight Amara wasn't much feeling like going to sleep. She tried every trick in the book to prolong the inevidable: I don't like the monsters, will you sing me another song, can I read this book until I get sleepy, will you pat my back, I need two kisses and a hug from Mommy. You name it, she tried it. (Why does she get all my negative traits?! Paybacks, I guess...)
Then she pulled out, "I have to go potty."
Well, what do you say to that? I know she didn't really have to go -- she just did! I knew she was really stalling. Yet, I didn't want to dissuade her from going if she really had to.
So I told her to go to the bathroom. But then I added that if she didn't really go, she would get a spanking because she was stalling.
We go into the bathroom. She sits on the toilet. She continues sitting on the toilet. She plays with the toilet paper. Then she looks up to me and says in a matter-of-fact voice of resignation, "OK, you can give me a spanking now."
I bust out laughing.
Then she pinches her finger and thumb together and asks, "But can it be a small, short spanking?"
I continue laughing.
She says again, "I'm ready for my spanking because I'm stalling."
Just what do you do with that!?
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A HA HA HA HAHA!!!! I am in the same boat. I would have given her the wee tiny spanking, and sent her to bed. NOt for stalling, but for LYING! LOL!
Post a Comment