Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Troll

This afternoon, Amara and I were coloring in her Dora coloring book. In one of the pictures, there was a little bridge. Amara gave me a brown crayon and told me to color the "troll bridge." I had no idea what made it a troll bridge, or how she even knew what a troll was. I figured it must have been something she saw/did at Sandy's.

We turned another page, and there was a hairy little thing on the page. Again, it was nothing I'd have recognized. It looked more like a "Fry Guy" from McDonald's than anything I'd ever seen. Or a "Whuppet" or whatever those fuzzy little things are. Or maybe even "Thing" the hair beast from the Adam's Family. I digress, but you can hopefully imagine this little creature.

I asked Amara what the little guy was.

She folded her arms, like his were folded, scowled, and said, "A grumpy old troll."

Jon and I just rolled with laughter. Not only did she know what a troll was, but she also knew that he was grumpy and old. She's too much!

1 comment:

Kristi-Anna said...

Uhm, Mommy... don't you watch Dora!? The Grumpy Old Troll is a recurring character... he guards the bridge. He rattles off riddles to Dora and company before they are allowed to cross the bridge!! That's his name, "The Grumpy Old Troll" :D