Monday, August 13, 2007

How Many Licks Does it Take?

The kids have an infatuation with licking. Not sure where it came from. It's funny, but gross!

Saturday afternoon, Dominic was on the floor and Amara was on the chair. He had her toes in sight, and he went straight for them with his mouth. I thought for sure he was going to bite her, and I scolded him in warning. Instead, he stuck out his tongue and licked her toes.

I laughed. He laughed. Amara laughed. He licked her again.

Over and over he licked and giggled. Amara and I giggled, too. Of course, then I go to get the video camera, and he stops licking. Not that I can blame him -- licking feet is disgusting, no matter how funny!

Then that night I was tucking Amara into bed. She had some beans on her nose, and I used my finger to get it off. She grabbed my face and said, "Now I get your nose." I thought she was going to Eskimo Kiss it, per our normal bedtime ritual. Nope. She stuck out her tongue and licked my nose before I could get away!

I have a feeling Jon put them up to this...

No comments: