Sunday, August 19, 2007

Peek

Amara and Dominic are doing a better job of entertaining themselves in the backseat as we drive places. Often Amara feeds him pretzles, cereal, Nutri-Grain bars, even ice cream cones. We're certainly happy to see her sharing without being told! Of course, when he bites her (accidentally), she's none too happy that she chose to share, but still... she continues to try.

Saturday, I hear her back there saying, "Peek!" over and over again. I thought she was just messing around, since she does talk all the time. But then I hear Dominic giggling maniacly. I glance back there -- she's peeking around her car seat each time, and he's loving every minute of it.

He's starting repeating the motions himself as well. Tonight at dinner, he would cover his hands with his eyes. Amara called out, "Where's Dommick?" and he'd peek over his hands, giggling like crazy. It's such a treat to see them playing together.

No comments: