Friday, March 9, 2007

Baby Panda Stuck in Tree


We were driving home tonight and Miss Amara kept us thoroughly entertained. It started as we were singing the theme song for Wonder Pets. There are a couple phrases she really likes to sing: "What's gonna work? Teamwork!" and "There's an animal in trouble." Those keep repeating over and over in the theme song. So we were singing them in the car.

Suddenly Amara said, "Listen!" I thought she was talking about the police sirens that just had passed us and responded in kind. She said, "No! There's an animal in trouble! Baby Panda stuck in tree!"

I said, "What should we do?" Amara said, "We need a rope!" Shocked my socks off... I wasn't expecting an answer.

I asked, "How should we use a rope?" Amara said, "Make a ladder!" OK... good logic.

And that's how it started. From there, she repeated that dialog to herself probably 8 or 9 times (minimum) on the way home. The following is her version.

"Listen! Baby Panda stuck in tree. Let's help her! We need a rope! Throw the rope in the tree. No! We need a ladder! Pull Baby Panda down. No, it's not a Baby Panda, it's a lion (or a giraffe - she alternated)."

And she just kept repeating that over and over and over -- each time with more and more enthusiasm. Per usual, Jon and I just sat, listened, and laughed. What a vivid imagination!

No comments: