Tonight Jon and I bathed the kids and got them ready for bed. Dominic was tired early, so I fed him. Amara had the option of going downstairs with Daddy or staying upstairs we Dominic and me. She opted to stay upstairs and have me read books while I fed Dominic.
When we were done reading and Dominic was done eating, I asked Amara to kiss Dominic good-night and then I laid him in his crib. As we left the room, Amara ran ahead of me to turn off the light. I said, "Wait! You for got to say '3, 2, 1, blast off!'" a ritual we have in her room.
Suddenly, she was running back to his crib, folding her hands. She cried out, "Got to pray!" I told her to reach through the rungs to hold his hands, but she was trying to climb in. So I lifted her into his crib so she could hold them properly.
I was all set to say "Now I lay me down to sleep" as I do with Amara. I should have known though; she had other plans. Her plans were so much better and sweeter than mine. She had her own prayer, which she prayed holding his hands.
"Dear God. Thank you for the morning. Time for bed." Then we said, "Amen." As I picked her up out of his crib, she called to him, "Night Dommick. Sleep tight. See you in the morning!"
It was so sweet... how come we can't foresee these moments so the video camera will be ready?
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment