Friday, October 3, 2008

They Keep Us Laughing...

There were a couple things the kids said the past couple days that just have us cracking up...

Every night, I sing a song to Amara that my Dad sang to me. It goes, "I love my little Amara. I do, I do, I do."

Dominic overhears us singing the song each night as Jon brings him into his room to tuck him in. Last night, he sung to Jon, "I need another blanket. I do, I do, I do."

*****

Tonight we were at McDonald's. We took the kids there before we dropped them off a the church for Date Night. While the kids ate their food, Jon treated us to an Sugar Free Iced Vanilla Latte. He gave Dominic a taste of the drink.

Dominic smelled it. Took a sip. Then looked at Jon and said with a very wrinkled up face, "Disgusting!"

I didn't think 2 year olds were supposed to know that word yet.

*****

On the way home from Date Night tonight, Dominic was playing with his McDonald's toy. That of course means that he was also dropping the toy on the floor of the dark van. He wanted me to reach the toy for him so that he could play with it (i.e. drop it some more). I told him, "Sorry, buddy, I can't reach it," without making even a small effort to look for it.

Amara piped up, "Come on, Mom... give it a try!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha. I just posted on my blog a post with nearly the same title. Kids do keep you laughing, don't they!!!! :) Love keeping up on your kiddo's funnies!