The kids went to a Halloween Party at the local library today. They had games, crafts, and a story hour. There were a couple pretty scary adult costumes there -- a skeleton and a witch. The witch was a library employee and was standing over by the snack table. Dominic looked up at me and said, "I go see the witch." So I told him he could.
Now this witch wasn't just a nice old lady with a crazy wig and hat. This was a nice old lady with a crazy wig, hat, AND an uuggglllyyy mask. But Dominic walked right up to her and waited patiently until she realized he was there. He held up his little pumpkin bucket -- not to ask for candy, but because he was so excited to be out all dressed as a pirate. She offered him a cookie, because that's all she had nearby.
He came running back.... "Mommy, I don't want a cookie!" So then I had to go tell the "nice witch" that he just wanted to talk to her, but doesn't like cookies and didn't want candy. So they became buddies and he had to make sure to tell her good-bye before we left.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment