We put the kids down for bed tonight, but apparently Amara wasn't ready to stay put. Shortly after we left her room, she came into our room, where Jon was sitting on the bed (I was in the laundry room).
Amara knows the rules -- no getting out of bed once you're tucked in. But she also knows that there are at times exceptions (i.e. bathroom, cough attacks, nightmares, etc.)
As Jon noticed her, he said, "Do you want a spanking, or are you going to put yourself back to bed?"
A: "No, Daddy, I want a hug."
J: "And then you're going to put yourself back to bed?"
A: "Yes." She then climbed up on the bed and smiled at Jon. "Daddy... you give the bestest hugs." Smile... pause.... "Way better than Mommy's."
And then she skampered back off to bed.
I guess she just found another way to avoid a spanking... in Jon's words: "She is her mother's daughter."
And I thought *I* had stalling mastered! This little one may just give me a run for my money. She's good!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha, that made me laugh. Isaac just turned three, but he's already learning how to "work the system" :)
Post a Comment