Monday, October 13, 2008

The Gorilla


So... Jon gave me the whole story of the gorilla.

The only part I witnessed was the gorilla walking by our photo booth and both kids running out to hug it.

Here is the rest of the story...

At the event, I had to work one booth from 8:30-11 and another from 11-2. So I was largely tied to one spot. The kids helped me hand out samples for the first shift (Jon was responsible for another booth). During the second shift, Amara "helped" me cut out paper, while Jon and Dominic cruised the building (i.e. Jon tried to sidetrack Dominic enough that it didn't realize it was long past nap time).

During this second shift, Jon said that Dominic spent nearly all of it looking for and following the gorilla.

Bet the gorilla didn't know he (ok, it was a she) had a two-year-old stalker!

As as you can see from the photo, the gorilla isn't exactly friendly and cuddly looking. Kids MUCH older than Dominic and Amara were terrified by it. I can see why! Even I think it's a bit creepy looking!

But I do know why Dominic's drawn to it -- every night, he's accompanied to bed by 3 stuffed animals: Tad (from Leapfrog), Tigger, and a stuffed Gorilla.

Apparently, this was the gorilla brought to life... and Dominic just had to hug it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Heather the Mama Duk said...

LOL Too funny. No, not a cuddly creature at all, but D sure seems thrilled with it lol