My Mom has been trying to teach Amara jokes for several months now. Amara simply hasn't gotten it... until last week.
They must be doing Knock Knock jokes at Day Care. As she got into the van, she said (and I quote), "Mommy. Knock Knock. Who's There. Orange. Orange who? Wist!" followed by a crazed laugh that I've never heard before.
She monologed the joke and wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise. Not that I could have... I was laughing too hard. I'm still not sure what "Wist" is -- list? But that doesn't make sense. None of her other punch lines for it have either. In fact, it's very hard to even understand her joke, because she's laughing hysterically through the telling of it all!
This morning we got into the van and she said to me, "Mom, did you even know the chicken crossed the road!"
I'm sure it's part of a joke... but I'm thinking she still doesn't get that it's funny... instead of just a story. Then she started telling the orange joke again... laughing all the while.
If this pattern continues, she'll definitely have my joke telling abilities (i.e. can't remember the punch line). Doesn't much matter though -- listening to her telling the joke is much more funny than the punchline anyway!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How funny! I wonder what a wist is.
Post a Comment