The kids have absolute gone crazy over peanut butter. They ask for a spoonful of peanut butter every morning.
This morning we were in a rush out the door, so I didn't stop for their peanut butter. Instead, I gave Dominic some Austin crackers. These are the crackers that are fluorescent orange (cheese) on the outside, but have peanut butter on the inside. They're Cheese / Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies. The kids have had them many times in the past, and love them.
Today, Dominic handed me his cracker sandwich and said, "Here Mom... I don't want it." So I took it and put it in a baggy that was in the front seat. I thought it was a little wet, and didn't know why. I figured he'd put it in his mouth then decided he didn't want it. He's been known to do that.
Then he started eating a second one. I thought it odd, since he didn't want the first one. So I watched him in the mirror. I quickly found out why the first cracker was soggy. As I watched him pry open the cracker and lick out all the peanut butter, I pulled the soggy first cracker out of the baggy. Sure enough -- no peanut butter.
I glanced back into my rearview mirror just in time for me to watch him put his sandwich back together (sans peanut butter) and hand it back to me with the same comment, "Mommy, I don't want it."
He's a peanut butter fiend, that boy!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment