Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Take My Picture!

This morning I FINALLY got around to getting my new drivers license. It is such a run-around down here. I needed to have my official birth certificate AND marriage license as well as my old state's drivers license before I could get a new one. Of course, that meant I had to order the two documents, because I had no idea where I had my copies (or if I even had them).

Then I went into the DMV on separate occasions, drew a number, and realized that I was still 75 (!!!) away from having my number called. There's NO way I was going to sit there for that long.

So this morning, I stopped there before I dropped the kids off -- they open at 7am, I got there at 8am. My number was only 12 away. I figured I better just sit this one out this time. So the kids and I waited. They did little dances and "Ring Around the Rosy" in the waiting area. I hope that the other people were amused rather than annoyed! Actually, despite having no toys in there, they were very good.

Then it came to be my turn. I sat down to have my picture taken. Amara stands up straight right next to me. Dominic stands up straight right next to her. They both turn and look at the camera, a big grin on their faces! I actually had to push them over (and hold them) because they were getting in the shot! My license looks really silly because I was in the midst of laughing at my kids!

Now why won't they be so cooperative when I am the one taking the pictures?

No comments: