I just have to brag on my kids a bit.
Last night, Jon and I went out to eat with some friends. Rarely do we get a date-night, but we took advantage of our friends' invitation, and took advantage of another friends' offer to watch our kids whenever we needed it.
The friends watching our kids had never really met Amara and Dominic. They have 4 boys: 12, 5, 3, and 4 months. So they had their hands full! M told me after I picked them up that she know knows what it would feel like to have 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1! No thank you, we both decided!
But they both just gushed about how good the kids were. They shared that Amara said, "May I" and "please" and "thank you" during dinner. They both ate really well. Amara had to teach them all "Johnny Appleseed." Dominic loved to be "boy" with all the boys. And Amara convinced N that there are such things as "girl superheros". Apparently she held her own with the girls -- she was just very happy that M was a girl and she wasn't alone in that court!
Now of course, I know how wonderful my kids are, and I know they tend to be better behaved for others than they are for me. But I'm just so proud of how well they did with the little "date night" and glad that our friends are willing to do it again.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment