Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mommy's Helper?

Lately Amara has had a really preoccupation with being my helper. If I so much as ask Dominic to do something, she throws a fit, crying, "But Mommy, *I* want to be your helper." So I find something else that needs doing. Usually, there are 4 tasks that they fight over who gets to help: turning off the TV, turning off the lights, pushing the buttons on the washer/dryer, and pushing the buttons on the microwave. Sometimes they'll fight over who gets to throw something away (not usually in the case of Dominic's diaper).

Anyway, my goal for this weekend (since Jon was gone), was to really do a thorough job of cleaning up the house. I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to enlist my "helpers."

So when Amara asked on Saturday morning, "Mommy, can I be your helper?" I jumped.

I said, "Sure! Today we're going to clean the house for Daddy -- we're going to make it sparkley clean. He'll be so happy -- it will be the best Father's Day present."

Amara's response: "I'll just watch."

No comments: