Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sick? Yeah right!


This is my two sick children.

Don't believe me? Ask the Day Care -- that's where they got sick.

Indulge me while I gripe for a second.

Wednesday morning they called and said a little girl in Dominic's class has Hand Foot Mouth -- so they checked all the kids. Sure enough... Dominic had blisters, too. Not many, but definitely there.

So he was out Wednesday through Friday -- in other words, so were Jon and/or I (depending on the day).

Friday night, I noticed them on Amara, too. Great.

According to all the med sites on line, they're contageous for 5-10 days. I have to wait for the blisters to go away before I can bring them back. Never mind that they were probably contageous BEFORE the blisters erupted, so the germs are already there. So Amara will probably not be "clear" until Wednesday at the earliest.

The icky part: I have to pay full price anyway, even though they'll probably be gone ALL next week due to the blisters and the fact that we're hoping to go to Melissa's wedding on Thursday and Friday. The other icky part (or maybe it's a good thing) -- I will be emailing on Monday to let them know that they've only got 2 more weeks there, because they're starting at a new center on the 14th of July. The switch wasn't as a result of this, but the timing is rather ironic. Another icky part: Both Jon and I have crazy work weeks ahead of us and really can't afford to take sick time.

Anyone want to babysit? We're worn out!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: