Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sisterly Love

Amara is such a nurturing big sister. She's just made for her "job."

Last night the kids were watching cartoons. The show they were watching had "a big mean guy" in it (according to Dominic). They were sitting next to each other on the couch.

Now I need you to get the picture of them sitting next to each other -- doesn't matter the setting, be it home, school, church, etc. When they are sitting next to each other, they're sitting as close as physically possible without sitting on top of one another. It's so cool to see that safety, unity, and closeness between the two of them.

So...back to last night. They were sitting next to each other on the couch. As a "scary part" came on the screen, Amara grabbed Dominic's head, pulled it into her lap, and covered her eyes. As she did this, she said, "It's OK Dominic, this is a scary part. You don't want to watch. It's OK."

I thought for sure that Dominic would scream and rebel at her pulling him down. I know he would have if it would have been me covering his eyes! But no... he just let her do it, then happily continued watching when the scary part was over.

This morning, when I dropped the kids off at school, Amara came running towards me saying, "I forgot hugs and kisses." I held out my arms to receive them... but she ran and smothered Dominic in hugs and kisses. Then the little turkey ran off to class -- without hugging and kissing me! :)

I'm glad they love each other so much... but where's the love for Momma!? :)

No comments: