I had a very sad little girl on my hands tonight.
At bedtime, she realized Daddy wasn't going to come home (even though he had told her that this morning when he left). She just melted into a puddle of sad tears and quivering lips. That poor face just kills me.
I called Jon to let her talk to him to see if that would help her feel better. Jon felt bad, too, because she was still just so sad, and he could hear it through the phone.
Dominic got on, too, and was chatting up a storm. Jon talked to him for a while, then he handed the phone back to Amara (unbeknownst to Jon).
Amara said, "I miss you Daddy."
Jon responded, "I miss you too, bud." (Now you must know, "Bud" is what we call Dominic. "Babe" is what we call Amara.)
Quivery voice gone, Amara instantly responded, "It's BABE."
You maybe had to hear and witness that one to appreciate the humor -- but Jon and I were in stitches.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL Get it right, Dad!
Post a Comment