Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Spy

Amara has taken to playing "I Spy" while we're driving places. It's not a game I've taught her... I'm guessing Grandma is the one who taught her it. Either that or Day Care, but it sounds like a Grandma thing...

Anyway, we're driving along, and Amara will call out, "ISpyWithMyLittleEye..." And I write it all scrunched together like that, because she says it so fast that it sounds like one word. I'm a fast talker, and I can't even say it that fast!

So she'll say, "I spy with my little eye, something that's red and green." (Or whatever the description is.) I'm not sure she's actually describing something she sees, or just putting two colors together. I'll guess the obvious things that we're passing as we drive: cars, trees, houses, cows, etc. She'll be in the back seat grinning and saying, "No... No... No..."

However, after a couple no's, she'll say, "No... but some houses are red and green. Good guess, try again." You know she's copying what others have said to her, but it's so funny and cute to hear her being "the adult" in the situation.

No comments: