Amara was looking at her baby book, which includes pictures of me during each month of my pregnancy. It was my nine month picture that really caught Amara's eye. She said, "Look at her big belly, mommy." She didn't even recognize that "she" was actually me!
I told her, "Yep, that's Mommy, and that's YOU in my belly."
She actually got mad and quite indignant, "No, Mommy. I'm NOT in your belly."
I assured her that while she's not anymore, she was in my belly until she was big enough and strong enough to come out, and then she came out as a baby.
Later that day, Amara asked, "Did you eat me?" Again I assured her that I didn't eat her, but that God put her in my belly.
Then she asked how she got out. Oy. Not a discussion I'm ready to have... not with a 3 year old! So I said, "The nice doctor helped to get you out." Concerned, she asked, "Did it hurt me to get out of your belly?" Sheesh -- girl, it didn't hurt YOU, but ME... now that's another story! ;) But I didn't get into all of that, instead I just assured her again that it didn't hurt her at all.
So then Amara's taking a bath. She looks at my belly and asked, "What baby do you have in there now?"
Um... gee thanks! :)
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment