Oy vey... this kid is going to be the death of me! I have to sit back and watch with an outsider's perspective, because in that case, his antics are hilarious. But as his mother -- they're exhausting! He's into EVERYTHING!
Here is last night: Opens every cupboard door. Pulls out the syrup and the oil sprayer -- no big deal, both are plastic. Heads to the refrigerator, removes all the magnets within his reach -- and therefore all the papers as well. Next, the wine cabinet -- tries to pull down wine bottles. I let him feed himself burger, because that's what he's been wanting to do -- suddenly it splats on the table in front of me -- halfway across the table from where his high chair is. Then the scary bit: he's in my bathroom with me as I'm getting ready. He's sitting on the floor and I hear a giggle. I look down -- he had found the Clorox Bathroom Cleaner and sprayed himself. Thankfully in the belly, but the fact that he figured out how to do it is really scary! Time to move that and lock the cupboard doors.
Now onto tonight: Pulls down all the magnets again. Pulls out the syrup (Mrs. Butterworth joined us for dinner) and the oil sprayer. Grabbed a multi-disc DVD holder and removed and tried to replace all the discs. Hopefully none got scratched!
Then onto dinner, which is where the macaroni bath comes in.
I've been putting his food in front of him, because he pushes it away if I try to feed him -- he wants to be independent. Tonight I was lazy because Jon's gone, and I made mac-n-cheese. I put it in front of Dominic. Didn't really seem interested or hungry. As Amara and I ate, he just sat there for the most part. Then he dug his hands in. Next he squeezed. Then he rubbed his hands together as if he were washing them. I was amused. But then he rubbed his face and hair! Oy!
Bathtime....
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment