Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Catching Up with Amara

If I could remember all the funny things that Amara said, I'd have a book on my hands. This girl is just a riot! She always has us laughing -- sometimes with what she says, and sometimes the way she says it. I know I'm not even close to remembering all the funny things she said since my last post.

Saturday morning, Amara was sitting with Jon watching cartoons. She turned to him and said, "Daddy, show me your muscles." So he did. She felt them and said, "I like them."

As we're trying to potty train Amara, we sing different songs to try to distract her from the task at hand. I started singing, "Jesus Loves Me." She stopped me immediately and said, "NO! That's for bedtime."

Amara and I were coloring on Sunday. She told me to make an "A," so I did. I said, "OK, now I'm going to make a small A." I made one. She said, "No, that's a 'ho ho ho.'" Not sure what that is.... but ok....

Monday nights, we have ladies Bible Study at our house. Jon and Amara were playing in the living room as the first couple ladies came in. More accurately, Amara was playing ON Jon, hanging and twisting all over him. One of the ladies asked Amara how she was doing (I think she specifically said her arm). Amara promptly answered, "I broke the collar bone." Yep, you look like you're in debilitating pain.

Prior to Bible Study, Amara helped me empty ice into an ice bucket. When the first lady showed up, we happened to be standing on the front porch. Amara welcomed her by gesturing to the door like Vanna White and saying, "We have ice." Great! By the way, we have water, too. :) But she was so proud that she helped with the ice.

And also prior to Bible Study... the last lady to arrive came up the front walk and Amara was walking by the front door as she did. The main door was open, the storm door shut. Amara saw her coming, saw her wave, but reached up, locked the door, and came and hid between my legs! I didn't even know there was anyone coming, because I was in a different room! I guess I should be glad that she recognizes "stranger danger," but thought it funny she chose to "lock out" a familiar face. I also didn't know she knew how to lock that door!

Hmmm.... I'm sure there were plenty more, but I can't think of any more right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, miss Amara is certainly funny, but surely you know it's in the DNA! Mommy's sense of humor is pretty darned good too! What fun y'all are having!

Irina