Saturday, September 5, 2009
Praying for Planes
I had to be in Chicago for work most of this week. Unfortunately, that included Thursday, which was her 5th birthday.
On Wednesday night when I called home, Jon said Amara really wanted to talk to me. She got on the phone and excitedly shouted, "Mommy, I'm going to be 5 tomorrow!"
Of course I gushed my enthusiasm at the thought of having a 5 year old. She then asked, "Will you bring butterfly Rice Krispies Treats to my school tomorrow?" I had to remind her that I wouldn't be home until dinner time, but that I'd bring them on Friday for her school party. Her voice changed notably, and very disappointed, she said, "OK....." but I could tell she wasn't happy.
I reminded her that we had already discussed that, and also told her that if my flight was on time, we'd go out for dinner to celebrate. She asked what a flight was, which I explained as simply being an airplane. I then said, "So say a prayer that my airplane is on time."
She pulled the phone away from her ear and said, "Daddy, we've got to pray!"
She then returned to the phone and asked how long it would take. I told her it would take about an hour and a half. She asked, "89?" Not sure what she meant, I agreed, "Well, yes, about 89 minutes." She asked, "Is that a long time?" I told her it's about the length of a movie.
She again pulled the phone away from her ear and said, "Daddy, we're having movie night!"
As a side note: My plane was not only on time but EARLY! What a blessing to be able to immediately share with Amara how God answers prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awesome! Boy, she is a pretty girl!
Post a Comment