Thursday, September 10, 2009

SNAP!

This little guy...



...is trying to learn how to snap. At any given moment, he can be seen with his little hand balled up in a fist and jerking through the snap motion, but producing no sound.

While at the Clothesline Fair this weekend, he got tired and I was carrying him around the park. I was paying attention to where I was going and listening to the adult conversations around me. Since he was nearly asleep, I didn't think I needed to pay close attention to him.

I was wrong.

He sat up in my arms, said something I didn't quite understand, then cold-cocked me in the jaw!

I stopped dead in my tracks and gave him a look of shock and pain. The look in the picture is similar to the look he gave me -- he was shocked, too. From his expression, he clearly didn't intend to punch me.

Thankfully, I kept my cool, didn't shout at him, and instead asked him what he said.

He repeated, "I can snap! See!"

It was the "snap" action that resulted in a left hook!

Perhaps I need to give him a snapping lesson.... or enroll him in boxing!
Posted by Picasa