Monday, May 18, 2009

Milestone Moment

We reached a milestone this weekend. This is the first time Amara helped me and was truly very helpful!

We've always encouraged both kids to "help" as we cook, clean, do laundry, etc. However, in most cases, the "help" actually makes it harder for me to work.

Not Sunday.

I had a ridiculous amount of laundry to do, and a ridiculous amount from last weekend that I hadn't yet put away. I probably folded and sorted clothes for 2 hours.

And Amara sat on the bed and helped me.

The entire time.

And she actually folded things correctly. And well.

And enjoyed it!

There were a few times when I asked if she was getting tired and wanted to quit. She refused. There were times when I had to go take care of other things (like bringing out loads of concrete to the garbage with Jon) -- I was gone for 5-10 minutes at a time. Still she sat there -- patiently waiting for me to return.

She single-handedly folded nearly all of Jon's underwear (which she said, "Are these Daddy's UNDERWEAR? Does he TOOT in them!? Ew!"), as well as a good portion of the kids' shirts and shorts.

I was absolutely blown away.

And grateful.



We went to celebrate and thank her with ice cream. Yummy!