The kids absolutely love their Critter County CD. CC was a record (and yes, by record I mean the black circular disks with grooves that played music in the "olden days") - anyway it was a record I had as a kids. My favorite to be exact. One that I realized I could sing all the words to and nearly recite all the dialog some 20 years after I'd last heard it.
When I was expecting Amara, I went on a quest to find it. It was recorded by Christine Wyrtzen and last sold in the late 70's. I found a record, bought it, borrowed a record player, and tried (unsuccessfully) to dub it to CD. So I kept looking and found a cassette tape. Unbelievably, I still do have a cassette player (I think I even still have all my cassettes) - and I was able to dub the tape onto CD. It's a much less than professional job, but it works.
So, about Critter County: it's all about the dream that Christine had as she shares it with her daughter. Her dream took her to CC where she met animals -- one for each letter of the alphabet. Each of these animals could talk/sing. So each sung a song for every letter of the alphabet. These songs happen to also be Bible verses -- so at the end of the CD (er...cassette/record) the kids have learned 26 Bible verses. The fact that I still remembered not only the verses but the tunes pays tribute to just how effective the album is.
So...what's all this have to do with "Fins?" - the title of the post?
We listen to CC every day on the way to/from school -- all the time, in other words. The kids beg for it. Normally I sing along, paying little attention to how the kids are singing along. This time I listened to the song, "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God."
Amara was singing, as happily as can be, "All have FINS..."
Bubble...bubble...
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment