Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mascot Papparazzi

I'm traveling to my company's HQ this week, and Jon told the kids I'n working with *my company mascot*. For whatever reason, they both LOVE big human-filled mascots, show no fear, and run up to each one with hugs and full of conversation.

I talked to Amara last night and she said, "Mommy, are you going to take your picture with *mascot*?"

I told her that I wasn't planning on it, because I don't have my camera. The truth is, he doesn't just roam the office, as is obvious she's imagining!

She responded to me, "Well, check with your friends and one of them with a camera can take your picture."

I think I may have to figure something out!

**** UPDATE ****

Jon called while I was sitting down for dinner to tell me that the kids wanted to talk to me. First I talked to Dominic. Normal conversation.

Then I got on the phone with Amara. The first words out of her mouth: "Mom, can I talk to your friend *mascot*? Not hi, not I miss you, not I love you. She didn't even want to talk to me!

I told her that he wasn't there tonight. She then asked when I'd see him. I definitely need to do some hunting tomorrow to get some pictures!

Little stinker! :)