Thursday, April 23, 2009

Can't Help but Laugh

Dominic seriously cracks me up. How he comes up with some of the things he says -- he just shouldn't have (a) the logic, or (b) the vocabulary that he does. But somehow, he's got both, and there are days when I can't help but laugh. Here are some recent examples.

-----

As we were getting ready for bed the other night, I was trying to rub lotion on his body. He kept blocking my arms -- he wanted to be playing, not getting ready for bed.

In a scolding tone, I said, "Dominic, I NEED to put lotion on you."

Immediatedly, he put his scold face on and said, "No... you don't." He couldn't have been more accurate in his immitation of me.

I was so caught off guard, because he's never directly combatted me like that -- that I laughed! He did it again later that weekend -- I didn't laugh that time. He hasn't done it again.

-----

I picked Dominic up from school the other day, and he had his finger in his mouth. I asked him what he was eating. He just grinned. I asked if it was a booger. Again, he just grinned. I said, "Ew!!!!!!!" with all the drama and disgust I could muster (which wasn't a challenge).

He said, "Nuh-uh... it tastes like cheese!"

Must I repeat.... EW!!!!

-----

Today we took the kids out for pizza. Dominic was rubbing up against a neighboring car. I told him, "Dominic, don't lean on the car, you'll get all black. Look at your arm!" He said... "But I like black!"

-----

Today at the pizza place, Dominic told me he had to go to the bathroom. I took him, and to my surprise, he actually went! I asked if he was done. He said, "No, I've got to go poopie." I could hear the lady next to me stifling a chuckle. Then he said, "I'm going to make it stiiii-iinnnk!" She could no longer stifle her chuckle. Neither could I!

Boys!

1 comment:

Heather the Mama Duk said...

Too funny! I so love 2 year olds.