Thursday, May 1, 2008

Cool or Not Cool

The other day, Amara didn't like something that happened, so she turned to me and said, "Not cool," with her thumb pointing down. At the time, it didn't register what she was talking about -- it was some behavior that was, in her words, "not cool" and I thought it completely cute that she'd give it the thumbs down. Of course, I had to giggle about it.

Well, it has escalated. It seems that virtually every behavior receives a "Cool" (thumbs up) or "Not Cool" (thumbs down) rating. I saw one of her teachers use it this morning at school, so apparently that's where she gets it. Maybe "Not Cool" with a thumbs down will work better than "NO!"

And maybe I'll become the "Cool" (thumbs up) mom! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just saw your blog on my mom's and thought I would check it out. Isn't writing about our kids an endless narrative of laughs?!

April