As we drive to and from school each day, we've been listening to a CD called "Bible Action Songs." The kids are really enjoying some of them: specifically "This Little Light of Mine" and "I'm in the Lord's Army."
Friday we were singing "This Little Light of Mine," and Amara said, "Mommy, can we sing it just with our voices?" She meant for me to turn off the CD. So I did.
Then she said, "Mommy, can you sing let it shine with a boo boo?" I didn't quite get it. So she sang it, "Let it shine when I have a boo boo. I'm gonna let it shine." .... um.... ok.
So I continued. Then she told me I had to add "put a bandaid on it" to the song. We sang it for a while. Then she said, "Mommy, can you sing 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' with a boo boo and a bandaid?" Um.... OK. Then it was "Mommy, now 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' with a boo boo and a bandaid."
With each song completed, a new song was requested: "Jesus Loves Me," "Children of the Heavenly Father" were the next ones. It was getting pretty funny.
Then she said, "Mommy, sing the 'Big Kid' with a boo boo and a bandaid song."
I had no clue how that one went. So I asked her. She put on her "singing face" and Stevie Wondered me the funniest little song, "The big kid needs a bandaid for a boo boo. And I will take care of you-ooo."
Oy... that girl cracks me up!
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment