Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ahhhh... Take a Breath...

OK, it has been FOREVER since I've posted. And I've been inconsistent at best. Needless to say, the kids continue to say and do things that are amazing, endearing, hysterical.... life goes on whether I document it or not!

So in good news... Jon got a job and started on Monday! Wohoo! AND our old house is officially off our hands. What does that mean? It means life can define its new normal. Hopefully included in this is a reinvestment in documenting the kids' antics.

So in Amara news....
She's very focused in on potty training on her terms. Very frustrating for me! Lots of clean ups. But she loves her puppy and kitty underwear.

She's also developing quite a good logic. As Mom tells me, my child is paying me back. Mom and Dad... I'm sorry I was so perplexing!

This weekend we were at TJMaxx, and we often take turns with the kids back in the toy section so that they can "play" while one of us shops in peace. Well, Amara took every single baby doll wearing pink out of the shelf and put them to bed (rocking and kissing each one) on the bench nearby. When it was time to leave, she was inconsolable. She knew that her babies would miss her, despite being with all their friends. I assured her that they would miss her, she took great care of them, but they live at the store and need to stay with their friends. And I reminded her of all the babies she has at home. She said, "No mom, they're ANIMALS!"

While she does have a couple baby dolls... she's right. Most of her babies ARE animals. *sigh*

And in Dominic news...
He's got two very funny traits right now. One is the word "again" and the other is his addiction to crackers -- Town House crackers specifically.

Dominic has this fantastic laugh that you just can't resist. And if you can get him to let go of his true belly laugh, you'll repeat the action over and over just to continue hearing it. And if he likes what's going on, he'll be sure to let you know it. When you stop, he immediately says, "UH...gnnn." I wish I could phonetically write how he says it -- with the accent on the first syllable and a definite break between the two. Totally cute. The developing language of a nearly two year old is amazing to watch...

And crackers... oh crackers. Dominic was pretty sick at the beginning ofApril. The new Flip Sides crackers are the ONLY thing he would eat -- and even those were hard to force into his belly. Well, since then, he has developed a total addiction to crackers. He won't touch Zesta, he HAS to have Town House. To the extent that there have been days when we had to stop at the store BEFORE going to daycare just to get him to stop crying for the crackers that we didn't have. Last night was another example. He wanted crackers. We were out. He ran away from me crying just as fast as his little legs could carry him. To ease our own sanity, Jon took him to the store to get crackers.

I know, I know... we're teaching the kids that if they cry, they can have what they want. As a general rule, we try NOT to teach that. But sometimes our sanity depends upon giving into them!

No comments: