It's weird to me that I had a blog before I had Facebook. And I started my blog to keep track of my kids' hilarities… yet it's Facebook that holds them all. So once again, I find myself cruising back through my Facebook statuses to get my kids' funnies recorded. What happened to a simple "baby book?" :)
7/27:
D was ready early this morning so asked what he could do. I asked him to find my black heels. After several wrong (flat) attempts, he figured it out. Amara joined him in the search and he told her, "They're the ones with the line down that only girls can wear."
8/23:
Uniform rules: tuck in your shirt. I'm not sure Amara has ever tucked in her shirt. It's driving her crazy. It's hilarious! (For the record, I don't think that even lasted a week!)
9/2:
Amara's birthday is tomorrow, but tonight we took the kids to a movie and out for pizza. We told her we were going to make it a birthday weekend celebrating instead of just a day. After pizza she asked, "Mommy, can we do a long celebration for almost every birthday?"
9/3:
Amara singing "Away in a Manger" --- her version of the last verse, "and FEED us to heaven to live with You there."
9/16:
Amara got an art desk / chair for her birthday. We got it all set up and she's SO excited. Amara's sitting in her "art chair" and Dominic is "posing" as a sketch model. He's got this crazy serious face, a funky pose, and Amara's all business. It's so hilariously cute.
9/24:
This morning I was awakened by a 7-year-old serenading me. If that doesn't start the day with a smile, nothing will.
9/29:
As I'm upstairs getting ready, I hear A&D downstairs making their lunches and eating breakfast. D says, "Mommy's gonna be SO happy!" When did they grow up?
10/1:
I've got a sick and twisted daughter: "Not for your cake mommy, but it would be a good joke to put rats in a cake and light its head for a candle." Where does she come up with these things?
10/3:
I happened to run into Amara as she walked from her room upon waking this morning. I hugged her and said good morning. She very groggily said, "Are you already going for a run this morning?" I said, "Nope, I already did." Rubbing her half-closed eyes and still walking the stumbling walk of one barely awake, but without missing a beat, she said, "No wonder you smell."
10/31:
Line of the night: at two consecutive houses, Dominic and Rachel (who were trick-or-treat buddies, thus holding hands) got asked, "Are you Roy (Rogers) and Dale (Evans)?" To which Dominic answered, "No! I'm Dominic!" (All 5 kids were cowboys / girls.)
11/9:
Morning conversation, me to Jon: "We have bigwigs coming in Thursday, so I'll be home a little late." Dominic to me: "Mommy, you don't wear a wig!"
11/12:
Amara: How come they skipped Thanksgiving?
Jon: What do you mean?
Amara: They've got all the Christmas decorations up, but we haven't had Thanksgiving yet.
She gets it. She's 7.
11/15:
The kids decided to "scare" me this morning by putting a plastic mouse and spider at the bottom of the stairs. Their giggles gave them away… my "scream" scared them!
11/16:
Jon: Should daddy get a tattoo?
Amara (digging through her trick-or-treat bag): There's a bat one in there!
11/18:
We're in St. Pete at the race expo debating where to eat dinner. Dominic suggests, "Maybe you should ask Siri." Oh goodness….
11/22:
I was going to go yell at Dominic to go to sleep and stop messing around. Then I heard what he was singing: "There's only grace. There's only love. There's only mercy and forgiveness, and that's enough." How do you yell at that? (Answer: You don't. As soon as the song was over, he was asleep.)
12/5:
Amusing conversation with Amara this morning. She listed all the reasons she doesn't like princesses and would never want to be one…but if she was…she'd be just like she is now, live in our house, not act spoiled…but she'd never want to be a "dainty duchess." Her words. Dainty duchess???
12/10:
At "A Christmas Story" the musical with Amara. Girls in pink rabbit costumes are selling souvenirs. I told Amara she'd understand in the 2nd Act why they're dressed up as bunnies. She said, "Oh…. the battery bunny!?" Apparently the Energizer bunny got it's start in "A Christmas Story."
12/24:
Quote of the day from Dominic as he opened up a pair of khakis…"Pants…." as he shook his head with a scowl. Haha!
12/24:
Amara did a very interesting puppet show of the Nativity narrated by my dad. She named her angel "Sally." That's a new one….
12/30:
Amara was traumatized by a cockroach tonight. I got her under control then went to tuck Dominic in. I then went to her room where she greeted me with, "Mommy, my clock just told me that if we have a bug problem to call Sun Coast Pest Control, or go online to suncoastpestcontrol(dot)com. They're a family owned business." I asked, while laughing, if I was supposed to call them to come get the cockroach (since I wasn't about to and Dominic missed). She grinned and nodded yes. Dominic then chimed in with, "I saw on TV that if you see 1 bug, there are lots of other bugs hiding that we can't see." Good grief!
1/1:
Amara's really struggling with Grandma and Grandpa leaving. Being that it's nap time, we told her she needed to just go lay down. Because that's where they slept last night, I said, "I bet if you go lay down, your bed will still smell like Grandma." Boy did that get her mad, she said to me, "Grandma DOESN'T SMELL!"
1/8:
Little Miss creeping out of bed tonight, peeking around our bedroom corner.
A: Mommy, I'm afraid I'm going to die tonight when I sleep.
M: Why? How?
A: I'm afraid a python is going to get me.
M: How would a python get into your room?
A: Animal Planet says snakes make good pets.
M: I'm not about to let you get a snake. There's no way a python's going to get you in your room. Stop stalling and being silly and go to sleep.
A: What about doggy doors?
M: Our doggy door is bolted shut because we don't have a doggy. And python's don't live here, unless they're someone's pet -- and we don't and won't have one. Bed!!!
Oy.
1/14:
D: Daddy, can you do a donkey?
J: Not anymore. My knees hurt too bad. And I really like that you call it a donkey…but it's really called a dunk.
1/15:
Last week as we walked into church, Amara told me excitedly that Sunday is her favorite day of the week. I'd have to agree. I pray that perspective never changes for her. I guess I'm not the only one excited to have found a church I look forward to each week.
1/16:
Tonight's stall tactic: Dominic came downstairs with a HUGE grin on his face and said, "I know how to do this now." Then he proceeded to make armpit farts. Lovely. Go to bed so I can lose my stern face and start laughing.
1/16:
There's something wrong with my family… I went to raid the kids' Halloween stash looking for Skittles. All that was left was Snickers, Butterfinger, Milky Way, 3 Musketeer, and Crunch. Isn't that what's supposed to go first?
1/29:
Amara lyrics: Oh Mickey, you're so fine. You're so fine you roll my eyes….
2/4:
Amara's full of funny this morning. She's excited for our tea today (Mother / Daughter tea at church) and full of ideas. First we can do a craft, then paint tea cups… then have a Gatorade drinking contest. She had me til Gatorade. Then we were out looking over the bay and saw a dolphin. As we watched, I said, "Oh, there's two!" Without missing a beat, she asked, "Mating?" Um… no.
2/10:
Amara's lyrics today (don't ask why she's still singing "Silent Night:"…"round yon VERTICES mother and child."
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment