Wednesday, March 16, 2011

More Catching Up...

I've been COMPLETELY out of the blog world. I think there's just too much going on sometimes to stop and document it! I'm almost 2 years behind in scrapbooking, too. Yikes!

So.... let me surf through old facebook updates, and I'll be able to update my blog at the same time.

1/7
You know it's a new generation when they believe that TV's are made out of phones... only bigger.

1/17
Teacher Amara's lesson of the day: She wrote the word "Something" and said, "Dominic, this is a compound word. If you want to say 'some' and 'thing' you use the space bar... that's this thing [pointing to the space bar] to make it two words instead of one."

1/19
D: Mom, I had a great sleep last night.
S: Awesome possom!
D: UH-possom
S: Well, you can say possom OR opossum. But for you... Awesome Opossum.
D: Thank you.
(yes, that was the first conversation of the morning.)

1/21
Amara's trying to be polite and let us all walk downstairs first. She says, "After you..." and Jon told her to follow it with, "I insist." So I got to the stairs and she said, "After you... I exist."

1/25
I love that the kids say, "My foot is buzzing" when their feet fall asleep. Took me forever to figure out what they meant.

1/28
I almost hit a squirrel this morning, so I said, "Watch out, squirrel! You're gonna get hit!" Amara said, "Yeah! We'll crack your nuts!" She literally meant acorns, but I suggested she might not want to say that.

2/7
Watching Amara read bedtime stories to Dominic.... priceless.

2/10
Dominic is laying in bed crying because I put Amara to bed first. Think someone is tired?

2/15
I called home before boarding the plane and talked to Jon and D. WHen I finished with D, I said, "Bye buddy... love you..." pause... "Have a good day!" And he said, "Do you know how to hang up on your phone?" He is his father's son.

2/16
FaceTime with the kids is HILARIOUS! Amara hugs the computer, and Dominic sticks out his tongue and makes all sort of faces, completely thrilled when I imitate them back to him. Jon laughs that even online he has to separate us so that we don't cause trouble!

2/23
D: Mom, can I play on your phone?
S: No, my phone's not fun.
D: Yes it is, it makes me quiet.

2/24
Amara: I'm going to go to college in the daytime, not the night time, because I really need darkness to go to sleep.

2/27
I was making a shopping list this morning so we have all the food / cleaning essentials for the apartment. I asked, "Is there anything missing that we need to get?" Dominic said, "Um...stairs (we're on 1st floor)...a dog." Well... he's right. We have neither.

2/28
The first day of school went without a hitch and without tears! Amara told her teacher all about our moving adventures and that Dominic stole her blankets last night. Dominic told one of the dads who was dropping off his son, "I'm the new guy!" Can't wait to hear all about their day!

3/2
Dominic gets to go on his first field trip tomorrow. When asked where he's going, he responds, "On a bus!" He's more excited to ride a bus for the first time than go to a children's museum!

3/4
Amara had an ear infection today, so came with me to work. While I was working, she was reading books. She paused, and out of the blue said to me, "Mama, sometimes you push yourself too hard." Compassionate sweet girl...

3/16
I laid out the kids clothes for the week on Sunday. The forecast for today at the time was 76, so I put out some light khaki pants, versus khaki shorts. Today, the forecast had changed to 81, so I swapped out the clothes. As I explained my actions to Dominic he said, "Well of course mom, every day is warm here!"

I asked him if he liked that, and he said, "I LOVE it!"

No comments: